Friday, August 29, 2008

12 Week Nuchal Scan & Meeting with Peri

Wow what a day!!!
Yesterday was out Nuchal screening test and sonogram at Dr. White's office. Their equipment is state of the art and projects the pictures up onto a huge flat screen TV. It was amazing to say the least. Everything looked wonderful. We saw the kidneys. liver, heart, lungs, eyes, nose, mouth, 2 arms, 2 legs, 10 fingers and toes. BB was squirming like crazy and the heartbeat was 156BPM. I measured at 12w6d even though the doctor said we will still go by my original scan which would put me at 12w3d. The nurse measured the liquid behind the babies spine and she said that looked really good. We will now wait for the results of the blood work.

We also met with Dr. Laurel White who is SO NICE. She told us that my condition is not as serious as it could be but would continue to watch us really closely. I will go back to see her at 15weeks and then again at 18weeks to check my cervix. I feel very comfortable with her and all my doctors at this point. I feel like I am in the best care possible. We can not believe how much BB has grown. He/she really looks like a baby now and is so beautiful.

Of course now that my mind has been eased the "specs" have disappeared (go figure) I will take it and not complain. We finally told our family and I have told a few people here are work as well. It is scary for me to tell people because i feel like that might jinx us but Chris tells me it is time. When i tell people I am just about 4 months they are are like "WHAT.....you kept the secret that long?" They have no idea what I have been through......if they did i think they would understand.

I will try and post our favorite picture of BB

Grow strong BB we love you more than life itself:)

No comments: