Friday, August 15, 2008

Our Background

Well it has been somewhat of a long road to say the least. We started trying in June 2007 right after the wedding. I knew I would have some issues but thought they might be easily solved. Unfortunately that was not the case. After countless phone calls and appointments with doctors who just didn't seem to understand or care i finally go with a good group of doctors. We discovered i had under active thyroid and got on some meds to get that under control. Started seeing doctor Fraas and she put me on 2 rounds of Clomid. She also sent me for a special test to determine if i had any issues with my uterus and BINGO I did. I think i cried for about 6 hours straight that night thinking i would never have children. Off to the RE we went and the assured me it should not pose to many issues. Dr. Sullivan started me on Femara and although he claimed it was a failed cycle, low and behold we got PREGNANT. I was in utter shock and disbelieve. The irony is that we found out this news on our anniversary 6/23. What a present that was. Since then it has been up and down (at first low HCG levels, miscalculated conception date, spotting at 6weeks etc......) Low and behold we now seem to be on the right track. I remember thinking on 6/23 when we found out I would never make it 2 three months as it seemed so far away. So here we are almost at 11 weeks and only 2 weeks to go until we are in the clear. I cant believe it. We go to see a peri on 8/28 to do the NL testing and sono. I will keep you posted!!!

No comments: